Question of the Day 7.20.13

I brought the Plinky Question of the Day feature over to Book Soulmates because it was one of my favorite posts to create.  It's a great way to get to know you guys better and vice versa.  Sometimes the questions will deal with books or reading but, most of the time they won’t.  Because, let’s face it, there’s more to us than what we read.

If you could permanently ban a word from general usage, which one would it be? Why?

This one is a tie for my friends.  The two words/phrases that are making me roll my eyes at the moment are:
 
Including variations of this phrase
 
AND
 
Over it


As for the why, A) they're overused and B) they're just plain annoying.



How about you dear readers?
What word or words would you ban?



7 comments:

  1. I'm out of the loop - what does "turn up" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with 'YOLO' it is just beyond annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andrea - According to Urban Dictionary (my source for understanding the youth of today) it means getting wild or excessively crazy. Typically used in the context of a party. Usually you'll hear people say turnt up. That's a whole other rant though. ;-)

    @barmybex - Glad to see there are other like me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't really heard "Turn Up" too much either. I agree that "YOLO" needs to go! I think we're all done with that now, lol.

    Oh, and "cray cray". I think we should go back to just plain 'ol crazy!

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would get rid of cock. That word drives me nuts when I read it in a contemporary novel. That word might have been useful in the 1800s but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple that irritate me:

    "My bad"
    "At the end of the day" (SOOO overused)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison